CBCT (Cone Beam Computed Tomography)
CBCT (Cone Beam Computed Tomography) is the latest x-ray technology for diagnostics with help of three-dimensional radiographs.
It is a special type of x-ray unit that is used in situations where conventional x-ray or facial x-ray images are insufficient.
Your doctor can use this technology to create a three-dimensional (3D) image of your teeth, soft tissues, neural pathways and bone in a single scan. Images obtained by means of cone-beam CT allow more accurate treatment planning.
CBCT is commonly used to plan treatment for orthodontic problems, or for more complex cases that include:
- surgical planning for affected teeth.
- diagnostication of temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ).
- precise placement of dental implants.
- jaw, sinuses, nerve channels and nasal cavity assessment.
- detection, measurement and treatment of jaw tumors.
- determination of bone structure and tooth alignment.
- determination of the source of pain or pathology.
- reconstructive surgery.
- This procedure requires almost no special training.
- Remove all metal objects before the procedure.
Computed tomography is not recommended during pregnancy (especially during the first three months).
We always wait for you at the adress: Gustav III:s Boulevard 46, 169 73 Solna